Ben's SPS Dominated 120

Smarkow

View Badges
Reaction score
Hooked up a new toy today. I really like Avast’s “you built” option. Significant savings, and it was a breeze to put together.
B98AA34B-5E02-49B2-A498-6E2D37ADF8CB.jpeg
Bug fan of avast as well, and putting together the kits (at least for me) is a !*BoNuS!* not just cost savings :p
The probe holder in theirs is great, do use ORP to monitor?

OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Bug fan of avast as well, and putting together the kits (at least for me) is a !*BoNuS!* not just cost savings :p
The probe holder in theirs is great, do use ORP to monitor?
I do monitor ORP, but I don’t really pay too much attention to it. It definitely has dropped a little since I hooked the reactor up though.

OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Interestingly within days of me adding that reactor, kalk is no longer enough to keep up with my alk/cal demands...I guess it's a good problem to have, but now to start shopping for a calcium reactor...

OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
File fish did a great job cleaning up my aptasia, but he's always been a bit of an SPS nipper. Didn't care too much as PE remained pretty good, but he recently graduated to LPS. The torch I got a couple of weeks ago has been suffering so into the overflow he goes...

OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
It should be noted that the green coral in the background of the second pic is the same voodoo majick as the nub in the first pic. Not sure what happened, but both that one and the PC rainbow next to it bleached out really badly overnight a few months back. Th PC rainbow was fine in a week, but the VM is taking it's sweet time coming back to me.

What is the deciding factor(s) for why you choose the salt you use? Mulitple choice available!

• Price

Votes: 228 40.7%
  • Brand Loyality

Votes: 67 12.0%
  • Mixes Easy

Votes: 184 32.9%
  • Mixes Clean

Votes: 216 38.6%
  • Mixes to the right parameters

Votes: 341 60.9%
  • Easy to get

Votes: 165 29.5%