OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up a new toy today. I really like Avast’s “you built” option. Significant savings, and it was a breeze to put together.
B98AA34B-5E02-49B2-A498-6E2D37ADF8CB.jpeg

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up a new toy today. I really like Avast’s “you built” option. Significant savings, and it was a breeze to put together.
B98AA34B-5E02-49B2-A498-6E2D37ADF8CB.jpeg
Bug fan of avast as well, and putting together the kits (at least for me) is a !*BoNuS!* not just cost savings :p
The probe holder in theirs is great, do use ORP to monitor?

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bug fan of avast as well, and putting together the kits (at least for me) is a !*BoNuS!* not just cost savings :p
The probe holder in theirs is great, do use ORP to monitor?
I do monitor ORP, but I don’t really pay too much attention to it. It definitely has dropped a little since I hooked the reactor up though.

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interestingly within days of me adding that reactor, kalk is no longer enough to keep up with my alk/cal demands...I guess it's a good problem to have, but now to start shopping for a calcium reactor...

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
File fish did a great job cleaning up my aptasia, but he's always been a bit of an SPS nipper. Didn't care too much as PE remained pretty good, but he recently graduated to LPS. The torch I got a couple of weeks ago has been suffering so into the overflow he goes...

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be noted that the green coral in the background of the second pic is the same voodoo majick as the nub in the first pic. Not sure what happened, but both that one and the PC rainbow next to it bleached out really badly overnight a few months back. Th PC rainbow was fine in a week, but the VM is taking it's sweet time coming back to me.

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice!

What do you think helped you hit the sweet spot, anything specific? More water changes, dosing something different?
Thanks! I think the biggest thing was adding the Kalk Reactor. I never had problems with keeping my alk or calcium stable, but my PH has always been low/all over the place. Keeping my PH higher seems to have made all the difference in the world.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks! I think the biggest thing was adding the Kalk Reactor. I never had problems with keeping my alk or calcium stable, but my PH has always been low/all over the place. Keeping my PH higher seems to have made all the difference in the world.

What is it now?

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice!

What do you think helped you hit the sweet spot, anything specific? More water changes, dosing something different?

Something else just occurred to me...Nutrients. I went a couple months without testing nitrate/phosphate, and when I did, they were at 2 and .02 respectively. I added a couple of fish, and stated feeding a lot heavier. I haven't tested recently, but it seems to have helped with color at least.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back