Best ATO Under $100??

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best Auto Top Off ATO Under $100?

Ive seen similar threads, but most are outdated. Least probable to flood and then accuracy in that order.

FLUVAL Evo 13.5 w/ 5 gallon bucket

Thanks coral friends!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like my JBJ, but think it's discontinued plus may be difficult to mount in the back chambers of that tank. could try autotopoff.com similar set up to the JBJ though.

Could also do upside down bottle thing if you don't care about aesthetics:

^^^ the amazon version is cheaper but no bottle.

OP
OP
borrowedthemoon

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend $15 more and get the tunze Osmolator nano. Worth every dollar. And yes it will fit in the chambers. I used to use it on a fluval.
Ya I saw the tunze osmolator on amazon. I would want it to fit in the Fluval for sure. Thx for the advice. Idk if its out of my price range or not… i feel like my mind is like $40 or $140. Cannot decide which… humph.

OP
OP
borrowedthemoon

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using a cheap aqua auto from Amazon for 6 months now and have zero complaints… i even top off with kalk.. I used to run jbj top offs but hard to find now.
And will fit in the fluval back chamber?

OP
OP
borrowedthemoon

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like if I go cheaper on the ATO it will give me enough to get the mesh lid and a better light.. just worried about having a cheap one fail on me.. how cheap is too cheap lol

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like if I go cheaper on the ATO it will give me enough to get the mesh lid and a better light.. just worried about having a cheap one fail on me.. how cheap is too cheap lol
Screen kit from BRS and get rimless clips. Or get dd jumpguard. Amazon nicrew 30watt with controller.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I saw the tunze osmolator on amazon. I would want it to fit in the Fluval for sure. Thx for the advice. Idk if its out of my price range or not… i feel like my mind is like $40 or $140. Cannot decide which… humph.
Look on here in the marketplace. Where i found mine for like $50. Tunze just came back out with them. Imo this is not a cheap hobby. You get a fluval for $100 and spend $500 more on accessories :squinting-face-with-tongue:

I know i did. Im15 is a better tank imo as it doesn’t come with that stupid lid and cheap light.

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the 60$ ones on amazon for about a year now. I have 2 now and haven't had any mishaps yet. I have scrubbed the build up off of it once. I think it would have stopped working at some point soon if I didn't clean it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back