Best beginner coral GSP or zoas

Rahulreece

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,I've fowlr nano sized aquarium 15gallon tank for 2years .Now I've decided to move forward to placing corals . I asked my friend to cut frag of Xenia ,GSP .but my frnd suggesting that instead of GSP go for zoas they perfectly suitable for beginner tank like low light and low flow .I'm confused please give me solution for my statement.

Sticker shock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nitrates and phosphates, and how is your lighting? If those are in the right range your tank should be mature and stable enough after 2 years to go with any coral. Add what you like best since most softies are all in the same ballpark as far as tank requirements. Of course some corals can be more finicky than others, there are always tanks that for some reason or another just can't keep a certain coral. For instance I cannot keep xenia which others consider a pest since it spreads everywhere on them.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,I've fowlr nano sized aquarium 15gallon tank for 2years .Now I've decided to move forward to placing corals . I asked my friend to cut frag of Xenia ,GSP .but my frnd suggesting that instead of GSP go for zoas they perfectly suitable for beginner tank like low light and low flow .I'm confused please give me solution for my statement.

It sounds to me like your friend is providing you with good advice. It is too bad that more beginners don't have someone to mentor them like you do.

I'd say Zoas are a good choice. As your friend has pointed out, they are good in low light and low flow conditions. Also, you may want to consider the Hammer coral, which also does well under the same conditions.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could always do all 3, Xenia, GSP and Zoa's.

20230912_064051.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back