best calcium test kit?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! So I have several Hanna checkers, but I have recently read a lot of negativity about their calcium checker. So I am just curious about what people on here like best for that. I do not yet have that one, but was getting ready to buy it when I started seeing some bad feed back about it. I want one that is simple to perform / read, which is why I do prefer Hanna, of course. But accuracy is more important.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only used the Red Sea on and have been happy with it. I have been close to ICP when comparing. I did add a magnetic stirrer and that was an improvement in ease of use.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good morning all! So I have several Hanna checkers, but I have recently read a lot of negativity about their calcium checker. So I am just curious about what people on here like best for that. I do not yet have that one, but was getting ready to buy it when I started seeing some bad feed back about it. I want one that is simple to perform / read, which is why I do prefer Hanna, of course. But accuracy is more important.
I have tested on the Hanna and compared directly to Salifert, Red Sea, and the trident and obtain essentially equivalent results (within 10 ppm) between all three. There were issues with a reagent that was unstable in the first iteration of the hanna kit and that’s permeated. Follow the instructions to a T and you’ll get consistent, reproducible results.

Back