Best corals for first timers

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above.... Don't listen to the naysayers. For a first coral gsp and even xenia are great options and they are stunning to watch "take over" your tank
Ya I absolutely love my GSP and Xenia. Just put them on a rock by themselves on the sand so they don’t spread where you don’t want them to. They’re great for first year of reefing because they’ll actually grow and you’ll feel some success. I’m 2 years into reefing and so many of the coral I’ve bought barely grow at all or even have died. Those two are great!

Also add simple plating Montipora + Kenya Tree to the list. I have heard of some brown Kenya tree that grow too fast, but my neon green Kenya tree is absolutely beautiful, decently fast growing, the photo is after 1.5 years. When it drops baby’s I just glue them to that same rock as parent colony to keep them all together.

IMG_8046.jpeg IMG_8048.jpeg IMG_7810.jpeg IMG_7805.jpeg

legalreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monti-cap. Stuff has grown easily under any light and all water conditions that I've thrown at it lol! My wife still says it was one of her favorites so I just picked up some more.

Hammer or frogspawn always grew well for me and were hardy.
I can keep acros alive but not hammers :/

Grog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple Stylo is a great easy coral, has that 'stick' look, its purple, grows fast, and can tolerate some bad conditions. Way underrated coral IMO, and very forgiving.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%

Back