Best internal filter for 75 gallons tank ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I really want is the Tunze Comline 3168 but it’s nowhere to be found in Canada. It’s on back order everywhere since may.

So, what would be a good and easy to maintain internal filter for a sumpless 75 gallons tank ?

Thank you !

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are slick.
Have you looked into the fijicube AIO kits?
I just bought one for my 10g quarantine tank so i can ditch my aquaclear HOB filter. Even tho it works just fine....

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id get an oversized aquaclear then.
That’s my second choice.

I found the Tunze 3168 on Ebay. It would be shipping from Germany. Not my ideal but the seller has tens of thousands of great reviews so I’m really tempted.

I can save 13$ if I choose the « no return » option. It would be 262$, which is about 30$ more than I would pay here. Not too bad.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I really want is the Tunze Comline 3168 but it’s nowhere to be found in Canada. It’s on back order everywhere since may.

So, what would be a good and easy to maintain internal filter for a sumpless 75 gallons tank ?

Thank you !
I have a 90 gallon so pretty close. I run an RUGF system but also use a skimmer and a HoB filter. Between the 2 of those my tank stays pretty clean and stable. I also don't have a sump

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jekyl that’s great to hear !

I went ahead and ordered from Germany. It should be here in 3 weeks so that gives me time to rehome the fish, clean the rocks, get new sand, refill with RO/Di and start cycling.

I’m so happy ! :)
Mine is just over 3 years old now. I barely do water changes. All parameters stable where I want them besides normal dosing. Nitrate and phosphate hover at around 10 and .5 where I want them. Only extra thing I use is NoPox

Attachments

• 16269970324428277640680228272851.jpg
    16269970324428277640680228272851.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 92

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HoB filter I always have a sponge, carbon and floss in it. I change the floss every 4 or 5 days.(unless my pistol shrimp makes a mess) I use the reef octo classic HoB skimmer and love it. I'd recommend the same for your tank.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has them for $165. Looks like they are in stock.
Thank you. I know and I’ve looked at it but I’m from Canada and it’s complicated to have it shipped. You have to go through a third party to get a US address and BRS isn’t responsible for whatever happens once the package gets to this third party.

Viva Germany, lol !

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you !
I've been following w you n remember a few things I heard here. A good large filter, gutted and filled w live rock would b great for a little more volume + a larger bacteria bed area then they list the fluval 75-100 gal can for chem and more area or the, Aquael ultramax 2000 also sounds decent.can b done

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you !
The other filter I thought about to go w on for rock n volume is the fluval advanced. It has all ur chemical filtration and or u can add to it plus a lot of other options. Its 266.78 but one I'd try. Even has alarms when its cartridge changing time good luck n happy reefing

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other filter I thought about to go w on for rock n volume is the fluval advanced. It has all ur chemical filtration and or u can add to it plus a lot of other options. Its 266.78 but one I'd try. Even has alarms when its cartridge changing time good luck n happy reefing
yep that was the third one i was honestly at. Had been considering a fish only n saw that but the wife isnt thinking fish anymore when it includes tanks.lol for your reef id consider a good sized one for l.r.onky then chems and more flow the other. And if Im not mistaken that fluval we r talking about alarms when its time to clean or change media Awesome

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are slick.
Have you looked into the fijicube AIO kits?
I just bought one for my 10g quarantine tank so i can ditch my aquaclear HOB filter. Even tho it works just fine....
I emailed the company for a 55 gallon model and they said they’ve discontinued them.
you may want to see if they’re still making the larger sizes.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed the company for a 55 gallon model and they said they’ve discontinued them.
you may want to see if they’re still making the larger sizes.
You can put any size you want that fits.
You can mount it to the back and have a decent internal filter section.
29g is the biggest still in stock.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you !
I put a Fluval Advanced 75 gallon on a 55 gallon system and it didn’t work as well as I’d hoped.
Detritus collected beneath the intake, it was louder the more you opened it up (flow is adjustable on that model), and it put bubbles into the tank when not fully topped off.
I still have it to try again on a smaller tank.
But, I decided to go with the Fluval FX4 canister filter and got much better results. It cycles about 1,000 gph.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But, I decided to go with the Fluval FX4 canister filter and got much better results. It cycles about 1,000 gph.
I have both a Fluval 407 and FX4 canister filter. If the Comline multifilter doesn’t work, I won’t hesitate to use either of them. Both are great canisters.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jekyl that’s great to hear !

I went ahead and ordered from Germany. It should be here in 3 weeks so that gives me time to rehome the fish, clean the rocks, get new sand, refill with RO/Di and start cycling.

I’m so happy ! :)
That’s great! Also, if you’re going to buy a protein skimmer, I just got an Aqua Excel HP-1 (made in Canada) for $100 and it is quiet, slim, and works well.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back