Best internal filter for 75 gallons tank ?

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a Fluval 407 and FX4 canister filter. If the Comline multifilter doesn’t work, I won’t hesitate to use either of them. Both are great canisters.
I added Chemical-pure blue to one of the media trays and it polished the water better than I could’ve hoped.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always happy with my aquaclear filters when I used hob filters and the seachem tidal 75 was really good because it does a decent job surface skimming. +1 on the aquaclear and fx4 canister. The fx4 makes water changes a breeze it has a port on the bottom you can use to remove water without having to start the siphon on a tube. I ran biomedia filterfloss and purigen.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish were rehomed today. I emptied the tank and took all of the rock out to catch them more easily. I put them in a big plastic bin and took them to the store, them I came home and refilled the tank. I don’t like letting a tank go dry and this way I don’t have any pressure to rush anything.

I let the filter run so the bacteria don’t die off and stink up everything when I’m ready to clean it. I’ll be taking my time and there will be a lot of little steps.

I put all the rocks inside a plastic bin with a lid, outside. This way they won’t be rained on. I’ll scrub them all, bleach them, rinse and let them soak for a few days before I try to do some rocks scaping. My E-Marco mortar should be here in less than a week.

Today I also got my biggest order delivered :
86C36F7F-952C-47D9-BB8D-1AEB8E2E90FE.jpeg

Here’s the empty tank, with the old sand that will be thrown out still in it.

DE783DE5-57D9-4F5D-85E3-C92CB67DA77D.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back