Best LA LFS?

fatbabyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi LA reefers!

I'm playing hooky today and naturally want to hit up some LFS in my free-time! Sometimes I think i've checked out every nearby fish store, and then I find another!

What are your faves?

@lovealien and I most frequent Bobs Tropical Fish, LAX aquarium, and Tropical Imports!

I swear I read in a post somewhere that there is a cool warehouse aquarium store that is only open weekdays but I cannot find it anywhere!

Can't wait to hear about your fav haunts. ;Troll

OP
OP
fatbabyy

fatbabyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at LAX last night...

Unique Corals in Van Nuys is only open Wed-Fri 2-5:30. That might be the one your talking about.

One store I want to check out but havent had the chance to is Vivid Aquariums in Canoga Park.

Yes! I definitely have been wanting to check that one out. We also found some very cool frags at 'Deep Blue Aquarium' in North Hollywood yesterday.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAX Aquariums has great coral and equipment selections. Ultragem in the valley has solid livestock. Marks tropical is my go to when I am grabbing fish food, misc supplies, etc.

jozer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok personally I like going to Ellis Aquatics in Compton. This guy started from his garage at home and just about a month ago he got his own shop. His prices are really good. But to be honest what I like the most is the fact that Jason gives you the time if you have questions. I still havent gone to his shop yet but I plan on going soon. Yay! My first actual post.

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok personally I like going to Ellis Aquatics in Compton. This guy started from his garage at home and just about a month ago he got his own shop. His prices are really good. But to be honest what I like the most is the fact that Jason gives you the time if you have questions. I still havent gone to his shop yet but I plan on going soon. Yay! My first actual post.

Cool! I knew he sold out of his house before, wheres his shop now?

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAX Aquariums has great coral and equipment selections. Ultragem in the valley has solid livestock. Marks tropical is my go to when I am grabbing fish food, misc supplies, etc.
I don’t know how much has changed since the last time I was at lax aquarium. But the last and only time I was there it was very disappointing considering they are within a mile
Of all the major coral distributors in Southern California. I didn’t see anything there that made me want to come back. I could find everything that they carry at my local petco. The only thing remotely cool there is their shark tank.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how much has changed since the last time I was at lax aquarium. But the last and only time I was there it was very disappointing considering they are within a mile
Of all the major coral distributors in Southern California. I didn’t see anything there that made me want to come back. I could fund everything that they carry at my local petco. The only thing remotely cool there is their shark tank.

joe847802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep blue aquarium in NH has so much dope coral. Ive gotten some nice things from there the WWC sells, but cheaper at Deep Blue.

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all! I'm going to be in culver city later this week (and am from the Midwest) - any suggestions on which places i should hit up? i hear so much about all the importers that bring in good stuff into the west coast - any additions to the list above?

zs_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all! I'm going to be in culver city later this week (and am from the Midwest) - any suggestions on which places i should hit up? i hear so much about all the importers that bring in good stuff into the west coast - any additions to the list above?
Hey, try Rainbow Aquarium in Pacoima.
For me that’s the best, I’ve been almost every fish store in LA. They carry more livestock than equipment right now. They get saltwater shipping this Friday after 3 pm.. Very healthy corals..and best colors in town compare it to Deep Blue or Aquarium City.
Prices are moderate too both on livestock and aquariums.

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow Aquarium (Pacoima) - best selection of livestock
Vivid Aquariums (Woodland Hills) - best selection/quality corals
Aquarium City (Canoga Park) - best selection for equipment

Bizzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi LA reefers!

I'm playing hooky today and naturally want to hit up some LFS in my free-time! Sometimes I think i've checked out every nearby fish store, and then I find another!

What are your faves?

@lovealien and I most frequent Bobs Tropical Fish, LAX aquarium, and Tropical Imports!

I swear I read in a post somewhere that there is a cool warehouse aquarium store that is only open weekdays but I cannot find it anywhere!

Can't wait to hear about your fav haunts. ;Troll
Have you been to Harry’s Marine life in Gardena?

av8soulfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Huntington Beach is within your range I highly recommend Seaside Tropical Fish on Beach blvd. Their corals are good, but I go for their fish. I rarely get a bad fish from them.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at LAX last night...

Unique Corals in Van Nuys is only open Wed-Fri 2-5:30. That might be the one your talking about.

One store I want to check out but havent had the chance to is Vivid Aquariums in Canoga Park.
Been there, horrendous experience, 100% will never get my business again. Your mileage may vary.

If you want to see what I mean, take a web photo in there and compare it to the item.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, try Rainbow Aquarium in Pacoima.
For me that’s the best, I’ve been almost every fish store in LA. They carry more livestock than equipment right now. They get saltwater shipping this Friday after 3 pm.. Very healthy corals..and best colors in town compare it to Deep Blue or Aquarium City.
Prices are moderate too both on livestock and aquariums.
You should check it out now. The tanks are in full on disrepair.. sick and dead fish everywhere, the flow tables aren't working so a lot of die off, especially on the euphylia side. It's a bummer.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back