Best method for controlling Pocillopora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgionet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tgionet

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2016
Messages
184
Reaction score
147
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are people using to manage pocillopora spawn growth? I've been using bone snips but I was thinking a laser might be more effective and less destructive to other colonies in the tank.
 
Does the Kalk work? Is it about the same as using Aptasia-X?
I have never used Aiptasia X, for both Aiptasia or poccilopora.

Just kalk paste with decent results, and on a few that were occurring close to some colonies I expoxied over them.
 
I ripped it out of my tank and gave it all away for free. Never again
 
I'd really like to keep some P. verrucosa as it's got some cool growth patterns, but its hardly available these days and I'm not sure if it would pose the same proliferation problem as P.damicornis.

Anyone have experience with P. verrucosa?
 
Yep. I'm in the "Say no to poci" group
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new