Best return pump

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have talked about my return pump causing microbubbles. As long as I use filterfloss on the front of the pump the bubbles go aways. The water level is above the pump connections are tight.
I know it's the pump causing it because they are gone. Looking for the best pump

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3,000?

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If money is not a concern then the best which are widely available seem to be Abyzz and Royal Exclusiv. If you want to go the next level down then I recommend Reef Octopus---much better than the Sicce pumps I have in running on my tank next to the Reef Octopus Varios6.

OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If money is not a concern then the best which are widely available seem to be Abyzz and Royal Exclusiv. If you want to go the next level down then I recommend Reef Octopus---much better than the Sicce pumps I have in running on my tank next to the Reef Octo

It was kinda a smart butt post on my part. You need to give a budget and your set up info. Then we can make suggestions.
Probably 300.00

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have talked about my return pump causing microbubbles. As long as I use filterfloss on the front of the pump the bubbles go aways. The water level is above the pump connections are tight.
I know it's the pump causing it because they are gone. Looking for the best pump
You will get various answers based on user experience and owner satisfaction. Sicce is one of the best in industry as is Reef octo and many have luck with Jebao.
I personally use Sicce and very quiet and problem free along with Good customer support

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably 300.00
At that price point I have experience with both the ReefOctopus Varios6 and the RedSea Reefrun DC 700 which is a OEM'd return pump made by Sicce. I run both side-by-side and the Varios6 runs absolutely silent vs. the RedSea/Sicce has a low audible hum that some are okay with but I hate. I opted not to return the RedSea/Sicce since I also have the RedSea DC protein skimmer which also has an OEM Sicce pump that is also a modest noise generator. I have just learned to live with the noise but when I replace the RedSea equipment (hopefully 5+ years from now) I will likely go with another brand. One good thing about RedSea is they have fantastic customer service (had minor issues with their aquarium tank stand and ReefMat 1500 (2 issues) which required replacement parts that were sent out promptly).

Last edited:

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will get various answers based on user experience and owner satisfaction. Sicce is one of the best in industry as is Reef octo and many have luck with Jebao.
I personally use Sicce and very quiet and problem free along with Good customer support
Absolutely agree! I run both

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back