Best RODI system for my situation

jeep and goose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
270
Reaction score
181
Location
lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to have a 75 with a 40 gal sump, what ro unit should I buy, preferably something that is low ish maintenance and high output so I’m not spending 3 days worrying about filling my tank
 
I would suggest you purchase a TDS meter, around $10 on Amazon, to measure your tap water first. Also look up what your city's water source is and what additives they use so you understand what media in the RO/DI would suit you best.
Once you figure that out, you'll be able to purchase a unit that fits the bill. I would recommend either a BRS or Air, Water & Ice unit.
 
I plan to have a 75 with a 40 gal sump, what ro unit should I buy, preferably something that is low ish maintenance and high output so I’m not spending 3 days worrying about filling my tank
I use a 4 stage RODI from AquaFx. Never had any issues with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new