Best skimmer for IM30

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking for opinions or recommendations: what is the best skimmer for an innovative marine 30L?

I currently have the nuvo skim and don’t love it. I keep having to replace the pump.

what do y’all recommend? I won’t do HOB it must fit in the filter chamber.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ice cap K1-50

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nuvo skim midsize is what I have on my IM30. After the 1-2 week break in, and when I realized I had it smushed against the baffle restricting the intake, it now works great and I get half a cup daily of dark skim. I run the cup up high with the rubber stopper 1/2 in above the bottom edge. I have tried 3 other nano skimmers and it is the best that fits in the compartment.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for opinions or recommendations: what is the best skimmer for an innovative marine 30L?

I currently have the nuvo skim and don’t love it. I keep having to replace the pump.

what do y’all recommend? I won’t do HOB it must fit in the filter chamber.
I’ve seen reviews for the coralife nano that fits in the chamber of either size Biocube (16 or 32 gallon). It’s just gone through an upgrade and the 2.0 generation remodel seemed to have fixed a lot of previous customer complaints.
You may want to check out a few YouTube reviews for yourself, but as a Biocube owner, I’m now considering adding it to mine.
Good luck!

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tunze 9001 DC version worked really well for me (I don’t use a skimmer anymore). IceCap K1-50 would be an amazing choice.
This would be nice, but will only fit in the overflow chamber, not the second one. I definitely need mechanical filtration first.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquamaxx NF-1. Best nano skimmer for AiOs on the market, IMO. Can be somewhat hard to find though.

StellarLoving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a IceCap Nano, however i know they can be hard to find at the moment. If the K1-50 would fit (haven't measured) i would assume it would also be a great skimmer . K1 nano Skims great and very dark. On the other hand I heard the cadlight pls-50 v2 is also a great skimmer that could work.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back