Best way to attach a power brick

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking for recommendations on how best to attach power bricks to the wall of my stand. Specifically I'm looking at Kessil bricks, Ecotech MPs, and one or two for my DC return pump and DC protein skimmer pump.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends entirely on your situation and needs. Mine are either hidden inside a wall that is between the tank and the sump, or mounted to an epoxy coated piece of plywood with zip ties run through mounting holes. With a good surface, quality double sided sticky tape or Velcro tape can work. My old system used a plastic coated wire basket screwed to the inside of the stand, with all of the power blocks in it.

The important parts are a clean, well ventilated, DRY, easily serviceable area, with no chance that they're going to get water spilled or leaked on them, or fall into a sump if a bit of sticky tape fails.

Jlentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Industrial Velcro.

I just have mine in a pile in the cabinet in my though...

On my nano I hid them inside wire duct.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a little bit of Velcro and then pull zip ties around them, as I find the small little bit of heat sometimes makes the Velcro sticky part come unglued after a few months without the zip ties

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends entirely on your situation and needs. Mine are either hidden inside a wall that is between the tank and the sump, or mounted to an epoxy coated piece of plywood with zip ties run through mounting holes. With a good surface, quality double sided sticky tape or Velcro tape can work. My old system used a plastic coated wire basket screwed to the inside of the stand, with all of the power blocks in it.

The important parts are a clean, well ventilated, DRY, easily serviceable area, with no chance that they're going to get water spilled or leaked on them, or fall into a sump if a bit of sticky tape fails.

Yeah I'm looking for a solid velcro strap of some sort. I want to hide them along the back wall of my cabinet - away from any water and ventilated. With Velcro tape my only concern is the heat from the brick loosening the glue over time.

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Industrial Velcro.

I just have mine in a pile in the cabinet in my though...

On my nano I hid them inside wire duct.

Yes I have a pile for my nano as well. That is main reason I'm getting really in front of this in my new build.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back