Best way to get rid of unwanted Polyps...Help!!!!!!!!!!

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got one up here in pa somewhere. I know I'm not getting one at a pharmacy. I'll have to call the tractor supply company then.
Either that or i was thinking about trying one of those marinade injectors. Use the dremel to sharpen it some how.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cvs wouldnt sell a needle without a prescript, or thats what they told me. tsc is tractor supply company, must be a south store

Us country folk can get syringes for cows with no problems at all.:D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree but there are other items on the rock that im trying to preserve, red plant, honeydoo milli and a couple other SPS

robsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try publix or a mom and pop drug store CVS told me the same thing but I ended up getting them at publix

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HATE those palys. Hate them. I ended up breaking off the SPS I had on the same rock they were on and drying it out. The rock I had probably had 100 or more polyps on it, though.

Brandon

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had those exact same polyps with the exact same problem....kalk and super glue did the trick for me. I was kalking the crud out of the rock which was killing them in large numbers but not eradicating them....then I ran out of Kalk....said "F it" and started straight up gluing them shut....what do you know....they all died. Just try and get either the kalk or glue on them when they are still open.

You can also get a frag of Hydophoria and just use it like a paint brush on the zoa's....the hydno will be ****** and releasing all kinds of kill goo.....and for once you wil appreciate the results. I ended up placing a frag dead center in one colony of polyps I wanted to stop spreading....I liked them enough to keep a frag but didn't want them taking over.....hydno to the rescue.

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the hydno idea, might have to try it, got a peice perfect for that....

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hydno definetly ticks off the pallys, now to see if it works, might take a little time

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the OP:

I've had the injected vinegar solution suggested by more than one person who claimed success with it. I have not tried it as I have way too many to inject and way too many are in unreachable places. But yours look like they're emminently reachable and the colony is compact. I suggest you try this method before they spread. :)

Sell them to me lol they would make good blender candidates for my research ....

There's always a "sell them to me" person in the crowd when you're trying to deal with an infestation of polyps or mushrooms. Why is that?

I note that there's never a "let me come over and spend my time digging them out" person in the crowd, though. :bigsmile:

FWIW, I have zoanthids and mushrooms that you are welcome to if you think you can get em out without impacting the SPS colonies.

-Matt

P.S. Ew....am I in error posting to a club forum since it showed up in the general New Posts listing? Sorry if so!

haysanatar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
syringe with some lemon juice or kalk is excellent.
be careful palythoas carry an extremely deadly poison there was a recent case where someone was trying to kill palythoas by pouring boiling water over a rock and it vaporized the toxin and he breathed it in... keep it in mind :)

OP
OP
S

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep, going with the hemostat way a little at a time and seems to be getting them...thx

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I put up the article. I'm not worried about the z's or p Just the stupid shrooms keep burning my acros. I've also killed some aptasia with boiling tank water too. That works really well. That may not be the best for z's and p's though.

Sent from somewhere using something.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back