best way to treat ich without QT setup

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i recently picked up a pair of clowns for my 32 gallon biocube and have noticed that they both have ich. They seem to behave and eat normally but they have lots of noticeable spots on them. I do not have the space or budget to setup a QT tank to treat them so i was wondering what the most effective way to treat it directly in the tank would be without harming my corals or inverts. Please let me know any suggestions.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't many reef safe medications, but one that I've used with success for velvet (also works with ich) is Polyp Lab Medic in conjunction with a UV sterilizer.

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't many reef safe medications, but one that I've used with success for velvet (also works with ich) is Polyp Lab Medic in conjunction with a UV sterilizer.
Okay ill give it a look, thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So i recently picked up a pair of clowns for my 32 gallon biocube and have noticed that they both have ich. They seem to behave and eat normally but they have lots of noticeable spots on them. I do not have the space or budget to setup a QT tank to treat them so i was wondering what the most effective way to treat it directly in the tank would be without harming my corals or inverts. Please let me know any suggestions.
At minimum, a 90 minute ruby rally pro bath and treat with Ruby OR 45 minutes formalin bath but truly, Qt setup utilizing 22" of space is the proper way. When it comes to 6pm on a Sunday evening and all LFS are closed- you will be glad you had this tank

WisReef

Jedi Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the short answer is you won't be able to eradicate ich without a QT/fallow period. You can try to keep an otherwise "healthy" environment to help your fish fight infection but it will stay in your system. There's no known reef safe treatment for eradicating ich. Also, if you don't plan to QT any fish in the future, ich will likely return to you setup anyway.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back