Bicolor Blenny not eating

Max H.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bicolor Blenny on Sunday and he goes into this little hole in a rock when I’m feeding. And when I drop the pellets down he doesn’t eat them.

2021 reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are picky eaters. Have you tried feeding flakes? Because blennys are mostly herbivores and some flakes contain algae. Maybe try that? Or it could just need some time to adjust.

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first few days we had our bicolor blenny, he was really skittish when I was moving anywhere close to the tank and would go hide. You might be scaring him? He also just might need a few days to adjust. We’ve only had ours 6 days now, and he’s eating everything: algae in the tank, TDO pellets, mysis shrimp, flakes...definitely NOT picky.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out if you have SPS. We thought we couldn't keep SPS and then caught our Bicolor Blenny mowing the polyps off a brand new frag of poccilipora that we were trying out. We re-homed the Blenny and we can now keep SPS.

2021 reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out if you have SPS. We thought we couldn't keep SPS and then caught our Bicolor Blenny mowing the polyps off a brand new frag of poccilipora that we were trying out. We re-homed the Blenny and we can now keep SPS.
Huh interesting. I've never heard about that before

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh interesting. I've never heard about that before
We hadn't either but after I caught him red-lipped on the frag I did some research and it turns out they can although it seems to be the rare occasion but not unheard of. I had a foxface that decided zoas were tasty and he had to be rehomed also - LFS gave me sun corals in trade for the foxface. Every fish is different and can/will decide to go rogue.

2021 reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We hadn't either but after I caught him red-lipped on the frag I did some research and it turns out they can although it seems to be the rare occasion but not unheard of. I had a foxface that decided zoas were tasty and he had to be rehomed also - LFS gave me sun corals in trade for the foxface. Every fish is different and can/will decide to go rogue.
Lol I never knew. None of my fish ever nipped anything to my knowledge

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back