Bicolor Blenny picking on Duncan

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught my Blenny red handed picking at my Duncan, so I guess that means I have to get rid of this guy, very disheartening as I’ve grown to love him. What other fish would you guys recommend to replace him? I have a 30 gallon with a clown, firefish, and a bg chromis.

OP
OP
H

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he actually ripping into it or trying to fish some food out? (video was very quick, so I just saw the one poke)
If you look closely at the second poke it almost looks like a flap came up, if there is any excuse to keep him I will because I love him, when should I be concerned then? I just don’t want to catch him definitively ripping it up when it’s too late but the Duncan has been closing up this past week and I’m assuming he’s why.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always place one of those clear plastic coral covers over the duncan to let it recover and dissuade the blenny from going after it (you can find these on Amazon).

OP
OP
H

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always place one of those clear plastic coral covers over the duncan to let it recover and dissuade the blenny from going after it (you can find these on Amazon).
I put a plastic fish jail over the coral, hopefully that’ll be enough, I just don’t want the problem to persist so hopefully the blenny catches on.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these fish, color and personality. However, have always had SPS systems and have found that over time the polyp extension on my corals can be just too much temptation for them. It's why I just won't keep one any more. Really miss having one!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back