Bicolor Blenny picking on Duncan

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2023
Messages
94
Reaction score
25
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught my Blenny red handed picking at my Duncan, so I guess that means I have to get rid of this guy, very disheartening as I’ve grown to love him. What other fish would you guys recommend to replace him? I have a 30 gallon with a clown, firefish, and a bg chromis.

 
Was he actually ripping into it or trying to fish some food out? (video was very quick, so I just saw the one poke)
If you look closely at the second poke it almost looks like a flap came up, if there is any excuse to keep him I will because I love him, when should I be concerned then? I just don’t want to catch him definitively ripping it up when it’s too late but the Duncan has been closing up this past week and I’m assuming he’s why.
 
You could always place one of those clear plastic coral covers over the duncan to let it recover and dissuade the blenny from going after it (you can find these on Amazon).
I put a plastic fish jail over the coral, hopefully that’ll be enough, I just don’t want the problem to persist so hopefully the blenny catches on.
 
Love these fish, color and personality. However, have always had SPS systems and have found that over time the polyp extension on my corals can be just too much temptation for them. It's why I just won't keep one any more. Really miss having one!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new