Big interstate move!

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've recently found out that I will be needing to relocate from Brisbane Australia, all the way over the Perth In Western Australia. Around 4000+ km away.

I've not long purchased my Waterbox Frag 145 and worked hard to get it where it is

Now obviously I'm going to have to get rid of the livestock, but would you either completely sell the tank, or somehow get it shipped over?

I do plan to keep the smaller stuff such as lights, wavemakers etc.

At this stage I'm looking to sell the majority of my larger home possessions and take the 4-5 day drive with whatever I can fit in my car.

If you've done this sort of move before, what was the cost of shipping a tank and cabinet for you?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

20220918_162420.jpg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I moved a 15 year mature system, I left 150G tank behind. As my job as a subsea engineer in deep water drilling allowed me to live anywhere while working 28 days on location and 28 days off work at home, I had much time to plan the move of livestock. Also convenient was the fact that I had homes in two locations and set up a 150G Rubbermade tub as a receiving tank for my livestock. The Rubbermade tub was cycled for two weeks and I made 6 hour ride between two homes twice in my 28 days off. On first trip, I brought live sand with mature cannister filters to inoculate new system with bacteria as well as micro fauna & fana. The second trip brought livestock that I wanted to save.

For your sceanario, if you have enough time and have an active reef aquarium community, I would sell everything individually, starting with livestock.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I moved a 15 year mature system, I left 150G tank behind. As my job as a subsea engineer in deep water drilling allowed me to live anywhere while working 28 days on location and 28 days off work at home, I had much time to plan the move of livestock. Also convenient was the fact that I had homes in two locations and set up a 150G Rubbermade tub as a receiving tank for my livestock. The Rubbermade tub was cycled for two weeks and I made 6 hour ride between two homes twice in my 28 days off. On first trip, I brought live sand with mature cannister filters to inoculate new system with bacteria as well as micro fauna & fana. The second trip brought livestock that I wanted to save.

For your sceanario, if you have enough time and have an active reef aquarium community, I would sell everything individually, starting with livestock.
I've got a few months so I think I've come to the decision to sell the majority. Maybe just keep the lights.

Leaning towards downgrading to a smaller tank in the future as it seems I'm never in 1 place for too long

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back