OP
OP
BigKid4788

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know I will be posting an update this weekend. I have aquascaped my tank and the light rack was just put in. More to come this weekend.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Cincinnati too. Jen and Jeremy are great! We're lucky to have such a great store here. Build looks great. One minor thing... Just noticed in the pics that the return plumbing might need a slight adjustment. The pipes are not angled down towards the sump. They look like they are angled the wrong direction. Very quick, easy fix. I worry if u leave it like it is you might have sluggish flow in your drain lines.

OP
OP
BigKid4788

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in Cincinnati too. Jen and Jeremy are great! We're lucky to have such a great store here. Build looks great. One minor thing... Just noticed in the pics that the return plumbing might need a slight adjustment. The pipes are not angled down towards the sump. They look like they are angled the wrong direction. Very quick, easy fix. I worry if u leave it like it is you might have sluggish flow in your drain lines.
Appreciate the feedback. Are you talking about the lines going to the sump or returning to the tank?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the feedback. Are you talking about the lines going to the sump or returning to the tank?
To the sump. The drains look like they are angled backwards a bit. Unless it's just the picture?

OP
OP
BigKid4788

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a real busy weekend. Added the remaining amount of live rock that was still in my original tank, transferred all corals, transferred all fish, took down my original tank with the help of a couple friends (Thanks Clint and Rick). Let me know what you think of the aquascape.
This weekend I also purchased a Interuptus Angel from Among The Reef. Came in absolutely beautiful. Jordan from Among The Reef was very easy to work with. This is actually the second fish I got from him. The first was a Bandit angel that is doing great. Highly recommend using him if your looking for something special.
my tank.JPG

OP
OP
BigKid4788

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone! Long overdue for an update. Below is the finished product of the tank. I went back n forth on how I wanted to finish the front. Finally decided on this and I'm glad I did. It's pretty simple but matches the décor in my room perfectly. The top piece actually comes off so I have access to the front of the tank. Makes it easy to get in and adjust corals, feed fish as well as cleaning front pane of tank.
Tank.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back