Bio balls in sump.

  • Thread starter Thread starter landon531
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

landon531

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
chattanooga, tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are everyone's thoughts on bio balls. The sump I am getting has them but I was also thinking about replacing all or half of them and mixing with live rock rubble. Where could I find out the aggressiveness of certain fish compared to others?
 
On the fish subject just ask which fish you want to put together and well let you know. Tangs believe it or not can be very territorial and aggressive like yellow tangs. Try not to have more than one of the same family. I know you see tanks with like 4 yellow tangs but they are usually large tanks. Todd TJ's reef on R2R is really good with fish questions of that nature. I would ask him. Very knowledgable person.

Bio balls work if you clean them often they collect detrus but I would go with rock rubble or rocks in sump
 
I am currently running both I have a chamber for bio balls and a chamber for live rock, I've been happy up until now with the bio balls but after reading a lot of posts and peoples opinions I am deciding to change my bio balls over to live rock as we'll!


Beginner all advice welcome
 
you probably could mix the two but I'm not sure there would be any benefit to doing so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new