Bio cube an ok QT tank?

HoldensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would like to get a quarantine tank, something smaller. I know filters and everything tend to add up quickly.

we are able to get a free 50gal to use as a QT tank temporarily then eventually probably a normal tank when we get a smaller QT tank, BUT would it be cheaper to just get a biocube as it comes with a lot of what’s needed?
Just curious at everyone’s Qt set up is, please post!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it greatly depends on what you are QTing and your approach. For example i know i wont be buying large fish or several at once. A 40b and a hob filter works fine. Even with somewhat large fish a small tank may be fine if you are talking a couple weeks....would personally not want to keep an adult tang in a small biocube for 3 months though.

For coral i just use a 10g with a hob. In either case i put some bioblocks in the DT and get them ready first and move to the QT when needed.

Otherwise i use no filtration(hob and bioblocks) so a biocube would cost me more, but i dont know why it would not work as long as large enough for what you plan on needing to qt.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back