Bio load different color

  • Thread starter Thread starter Imtheguy35
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Imtheguy35

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My magnus skimmer went up, so I went out and got a classic octopuse series skimmer.. The bio load use to be brown to black now it's green... that is a good thing or just not dialed in it?
 
Idk if it has anything to do with your skimmer but what you're putting in your tank. My skimmate usually comes out a dark green but when I start a fresh batch of GFO or Chemi-pure the skimmate is almost completely black.

You could also be skimming pretty wet. I could be wrong, but skimmers that aren't broken in don't pull as much "bioload" versus one that is broken in, making the skimmate more watery.
 
That does make since I am running really wet right now and I did put in calcium and coral vite this morning.. thanks for the quick response!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new