Bio-pellet reactors

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone local uses a bio-pellet reactor? If so do you like it? Pros and cons.
Thanks in advance.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The people I know who used them fed the tank LOTS!! Like 3 or 4 times a day at the minimum. I myself prefer an ATS. I just adjust my photo period to gain the level of nutrients I want.

OP
OP
A

Audandash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I have been researching it some to see if it would fit my needs but I am not convinced one way or the other. I have searched on the forum and it seems to be a love/hate thing. Since my tank volume is about 220 gallons I don’t want to waste money on something thats not effective. My goal was to cut down on the amount of water volume I have to change out during water changes. My preferred method has always been to do frequent small water changes vs large water changes and I was hoping this would be a good way to approach it.

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ATS, and AWC of about 2 gallons a day. I only do the small water change in my system to keep trace elements stable. If NO3 or PO4 were to go high I would have to change a larger amount, but so far after 2.5 years it has served me well. Some people don't do any water changes.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rwo 230 gallon tanks my biopellet worked great. Now decomissioned, I have an abast Biopoellet reractor for sale. PM only for more info.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back