Bioata yellow tang

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
Do I need an establish tank to house a bioata yellow tang ? My bigger tank is getting cycled at the moment and I’m switching all my live stock slowly once It’s done.

also, do I need to quarantine the yellow tang still since it’s captive bred ?

soymilk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would qt regardless. or at least monitor it for a few weeks to make sure its doing alright.

Biota tangs fresh from biota are pretty small. So you don't need a big tank right off the bat. When I got mines it was maybe 1.5" long.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would qt regardless. or at least monitor it for a few weeks to make sure its doing alright.

Biota tangs fresh from biota are pretty small. So you don't need a big tank right off the bat. When I got mines it was maybe 1.5" long.
How long did it take for you to receive the fish once u placed the order ?
My wife kind of rushing me to take down the old tank lol just started the cycling today. was the tang healthy ?

soymilk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my biota yellow tangs locally. 2 for myself and 1 for a family member, all three ended up having ich. I can't tell you if it was from biota or from the LFS. But i'm leaning towards LFS.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my biota yellow tangs locally. 2 for myself and 1 for a family member, all three ended up having ich. I can't tell you if it was from biota or from the LFS. But i'm leaning towards LFS.
Dam did it all survived? How much u paid for one?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would QT no matter what. I am hoping to pick up a BIOTA Yellow tang soon. No way it is going in with my other fish without a proper QT though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Make quarantining a habit. A stable tank is necessary, one with low ammonia, stable ph-salinity and essential parameters )to simplify, you dont want it in a tank subject to ammonia spikes or still cycling)

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make quarantining a habit. A stable tank is necessary, one with low ammonia, stable ph-salinity and essential parameters )to simplify, you dont want it in a tank subject to ammonia spikes or still cycling)
This yellow tang is my last fish but I’ll probably transfer all my live stock to my new tank first and leave the tang in my establish tank by itself for awhile. Should I Medicate the tang? Kind of scared

soymilk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats shipped though, shipping adds 40 bucks, so 160 isn't unheard of. You can always ask a LFS to order for you. All the ones I see around town are selling them for 150. Just ask to pick it up in the bag before they toss it into their tank.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This yellow tang is my last fish but I’ll probably transfer all my live stock to my new tank first and leave the tang in my establish tank by itself for awhile. Should I Medicate the tang? Kind of scared
being a young fish, I would not medicate yet unless you see something. You can however run ruby Rally Pro at 50% as a preventative. Focus on diet - pellets and nori wont cut it for this fish

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
being a young fish, I would not medicate yet unless you see something. You can however run ruby Rally Pro at 50% as a preventative. Focus on diet - pellets and nori wont cut it for this fish
Thanks so much for that great information! What do you recommend I feed it?

soymilk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mines at hikari marine s and nori pretty much from the start, then after it saw other fish eat mysis it ate that too

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks so much for that great information! What do you recommend I feed it?
LRS reef frenzy, mysis shrimp, spirulina brine shrimp and small plankton

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 43.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back