Biocube 29 Lighting Question

Discussion in 'Nano Reefs' started by Tyler Serva, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Tyler Serva

Tyler Serva Member

Hello I've had a Biocube 29 for about 4 years now and in the tank I have just zoas, a plate coral, frogspawn, Ricordea, a Rose BT anemone and a chalice. I have noticed that some of them have been bleaching over some time Im talking a month to a month and a half started to show and I started to freak out I dont know why i keep testing my water and these are my perimeters 1.025 sg 8.25 pH 10 kH 480 ppm Ca. I think the Ca might be a little bit to high but I dont believe that this could be it. I thought it was temp but the tank is at 74 to 76 all time. So then I started to realize its gotta be the LED the white lights are just completely dimming out on me and really only have the blues left.

Im think this has got to be it for the slowness of bleaching because i believe everything else seems to be in order.

So I was wondering what you would suggest on a light fixture for this biocube 29? I am think of taking the top off and going with this.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Aqua_Ill...LTFILD-vi.html

Thanks any suggests would help

2. Reef of Fillory

Reef of Fillory Well-Known Member

I've just ordered These lights [SBreef] for my biocube. They have more upgraded units with timers/ramping etc. I have read only good things about these lights and I am also going topless o_O and rimless [on the front]

Draft saved Draft deleted