Biocube 29 Lighting Question

Tyler Serva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I've had a Biocube 29 for about 4 years now and in the tank I have just zoas, a plate coral, frogspawn, Ricordea, a Rose BT anemone and a chalice. I have noticed that some of them have been bleaching over some time Im talking a month to a month and a half started to show and I started to freak out I dont know why i keep testing my water and these are my perimeters 1.025 sg 8.25 pH 10 kH 480 ppm Ca. I think the Ca might be a little bit to high but I dont believe that this could be it. I thought it was temp but the tank is at 74 to 76 all time. So then I started to realize its gotta be the LED the white lights are just completely dimming out on me and really only have the blues left.

Im think this has got to be it for the slowness of bleaching because i believe everything else seems to be in order.

So I was wondering what you would suggest on a light fixture for this biocube 29? I am think of taking the top off and going with this.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Aqua_Ill...LTFILD-vi.html

Thanks any suggests would help

OP
OP
T

Tyler Serva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually what I got Im still trying to figure out a health light cycle for these fish

OP
OP
T

Tyler Serva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I actually got one of these now Im just trying to figure out a great light cycle for them

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a ati sunpower 6x24 w over my biocube 29 and couldn’t be happier. Same goes for the corals and anemones

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the AI Prime HD will grow coral no problem. I've had the original prime (non HD) over my tank and it has kept lots of zoas to SPS happy and thriving. A tip, don't sell your canopy/lid like I did. It will help resale of the biocube down the road if you decide to sell it ;)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back