Biocube 32 Power head placement question.

Powahfull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Still very new at this 7 weeks in never had salt water before. So I added one next to the stock pump that is really just a wave maker it feels like. It is right below it a hydor 565 gph it kicked up a good flow and really cleaned that side of the tank but now the (looking in at it) the right side of the tank is starting to get very dirty!!

So I bought a second hydor to put on the right side I think I want it in-between the 2 filters (so both are on different levels of the tank high/medium) is that right? Should I put it pointing out towards the front (will have 2 power heads both blowing towards the front on opposite sides) or should I put it on the glass and point it towards the other power head (will go in current with the first one) or do I do something like straight up or down or even try to figure out how to get it diagonal?

Have seen a lot of posts about 1 I believe that's in the correct placement but I am not finding very good information when you add a second one to the opposite side of the tank. Thanks!

BRS

Mikedawg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you plan to have corals? If so you'll want to consider the amount of flow each one needs in deciding where to place powerheads. Two plus a return pump is a lot of movement for corals that need low flow.

OP
P

Powahfull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Not sure there's a green hairy mushroom in there right now the local coral store guy gave me a little frag because I only get my water there once a twice a week. The mushroom shrunk up and got fatter? Or thicker? I don't think it's in danger of dying.

In the tank is just 2 clown fish he also gave me for free. I bought a red scooter blenny from my LFS that told me he would eat algae. () I think 2 tiny emerald crabs like size of a penny when I put them in never see them. 7? Hermit crabs down to I think 2 snails left that's everything.

I bought a set of cerith snails and the hermits killed them all so I bought a set of Astera snails and they kept falling off the rock over night and the tip of the pyramid sticks in the sand and they can't get back up when I wake up dead snail. I'm waiting for some smaller cerith snails to hopefully clean the tank so the hermits don't want the smaller shells.

My goal is to just get a clean tank at the moment and the one new power head I added really cleaned the side it's on. Was hoping a second would do the same.

Oh also one GIANT bristle worm 8 inches at least. But the scooter blenny and one of the hermits eat the smaller ones so eventually I think it will just die off.

PICK the Most Tested & Least Tested Parameters of your Tank (Pick 2)

• Calcium (most)

Votes: 47 6.3%
  • Alkalinity (most)

Votes: 523 69.5%
  • Magnesium (most)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Phosphate (most)

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • PH (most)

Votes: 72 9.6%
  • Nitrate (most)

Votes: 76 10.1%