Biocube 32 Stays at 80° without heater

Poseidon Johnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a built in heater in these ? I just "rescued" it about 2 weeks ago and the temp stays at a constant 80° I told myself there must be a heater in the sump but there is none, I have 2 fresh water tanks that I keep between 78 and 82 without a heater they'll drop to room temp fairly quickly.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a built in heater in these ? I just "rescued" it about 2 weeks ago and the temp stays at a constant 80° I told myself there must be a heater in the sump but there is none, I have 2 fresh water tanks that I keep between 78 and 82 without a heater they'll drop to room temp fairly quickly.
Do your freshwater tanks have internal filters? Lids? I can believe that a biocube with the lid closed and lights on could easily get to 80.

OP
OP
Poseidon Johnson

Poseidon Johnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, it is sealed up way better than my other tanks, the previous owner had it for almost a year so she made it through winter without a heater? Is it common for a biocube 32 to maintain perfect Temps or would you recommend dropping a heater in for winter months?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, it is sealed up way better than my other tanks, the previous owner had it for almost a year so she made it through winter without a heater? Is it common for a biocube 32 to maintain perfect Temps or would you recommend dropping a heater in for winter months?
Idk. I live in Houston and we're lucky if we don't need AC 10 months out of the year, lol

OP
OP
Poseidon Johnson

Poseidon Johnson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat. What did you do to lower the temperature?
Now that it's winter I may need a tank Heater. Outside temperature dropped into the high 30s last night and my tank was 73.9° any cooler and I'll loose stock I'm sure and winter has just started so it's going to get colder.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back