Biocube 32

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I wasn't so sure if it was worth the upgrade tbh. But after a few weeks I've slowly come to realize what a difference it actually makes however evaporations has increased exponentially which is to be expected... a 2 gal jug with the tunze ato fixed that.
Take your hood to a glass shop and have them use it as a template to make you a glass lid. I currently have a piece of glass that I cut myself as a lid and am in the process of getting one cut by a glass shop so it fits exactly with a feeding door. If you have it cover just the DT and leave the back chamber open, you don’t have to worry about gas exchange, and it keeps evaporation down to just barely more than with the hood. You also don’t lose much light, maybe 1-2%. If you have pets (cats or parrots) a glass lid is far preferable to a mesh lid.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off subject but I wish someone would of warned me. Be careful when you clean the biocube acrylic or glass. It scratches very easily and will make the tank unsightly to look at. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way with mine. Just a good reason to upgrade now but it made me sick when it first happened. They say the tank is glass but I’m not so sure. Anyway other than that I have zero complaints about the tank. Also I have the AI prime and it is a powerful little light. I run the Troy Rogers program all my coral love it and are growing like weeds. To me the AI was the best bang for the buck. And after reading reviews it just seemed like the best choice. Welcome to the hobby.

Last edited:

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off subject but I wish someone would of warned me. Be careful when you clean the biocube acrylic or glass. It scratches very easily and will make the tank unsightly to look at. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way with mine. Just a good reason to upgrade now but it made me sick when it first happened. They say the tank is glass but I’m not so sure. Anyway other than that I have zero complaints about the tank. Also I have the AI prime and it is a powerful little light. I run the Troy Rogers program all my coral love it and are growing like weeds. To me the AI was the best bang for the buck. And after reading reviews it just seemed like the best choice. Welcome to the hobby.
It’s glass, but you have to be careful with magnetic scrapers (on any tank), if a piece of sand gets under it when you’re cleaning near the sandbed, it can scratch the glass, this can happen on any glass (or acrylic) tank.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s glass, but you have to be careful with magnetic scrapers (on any tank), if a piece of sand gets under it when you’re cleaning near the sandbed, it can scratch the glass, this can happen on any glass (or acrylic) tank.
Yeah I know and all the reviews say glass. I just don’t know. And I have Hawaiian black in my tank. But that’s exactly what happened. me being new., I let sand get in the float. I no longer use a float. Lol. Never the less; I would be really careful these said scratches almost had me to the point I wanted to tear my tank down. And being new looking back I wish someone would of warned me.

Last edited:

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know and all the reviews say glass. I just don’t know. And I have Hawaiian black in my tank. But that’s exactly what happened me being new I let sand get in the float. I no longer use a float. Lol. Never the less I would be really careful these said scratches almost had me to the point I wanted to tear my tank down. And being new looking back I wish someone would of warned me.
Unfortunately, it’s a common thing, they really should put a warning on the packaging for the scrapers, I’ve done it to a tank before, and know a bunch of people who have, so it’s a common enough problem with those types of scrapers that they should put a warning.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biocube 32 is certainly acrylic so I've been super careful when cleaning. I use one of those seachem magic eraser things and am happy with that besides the fact I have to stick my hole arm in the tank but being such a small tank only takes a minute.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this troy rogers program I am interested. I am running mine at 80%UV 90%V 100%RB 90%B 4%R 4%G 25%CW and find it may be too much as I'm still not even past the acclimation and see signs of too much light possibly.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biocube 32 is certainly acrylic so I've been super careful when cleaning. I use one of those seachem magic eraser things and am happy with that besides the fact I have to stick my hole arm in the tank but being such a small tank only takes a minute.
everywhere I look says glass but mine even feels/ sounds soft when tapping on it with a piece metal compared to my other tanks next to it.

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the biocube is glass and don’t doubt it scratches easy I’m really careful with mine you have to make sure to use the right scrubber and also make sure it’s clean of any debri/sand so you don’t scratch it. Also never leave the scrubber in the tank longer then a few days.

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this troy rogers program I am interested. I am running mine at 80%UV 90%V 100%RB 90%B 4%R 4%G 25%CW and find it may be too much as I'm still not even past the acclimation and see signs of too much light possibly.
it is on the AI signature series site. also, I apologize it's tony rogers.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back