Biocube 32g filter media correct?

Lololo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2020
Messages
194
Reaction score
197
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 32g i replaced stock filter with intank media and intank refugium
please let me know if correct or if I can add or remove anything else at the moment I have chamber 1 completely empty I dunno what to stuff in there for better filtration

Chamber 2
Media
Intank Filter Floss
Biological Ceramic filter rings
Chemi Pure
Denitrate
Intank Refugium-Chaeto+light+piece of small live rock in there too

Chamber 3
Heater
Uv Light
I Replace Original Biocube 32 265 gph for the Hydor Seltz D DC 500 GPh way better flow going inside my tank. And I’m able to adjust flow
 
do you have pictures?
ACC580CE-3747-42FE-97DF-6ED86001FC48.jpeg
845E761C-426D-425E-B80E-4D4B490FEE2C.jpeg
 
I have a very similar plan for my biocube and would love to hear some input as to how this went for you!
 
Your set up sounds great and the tank picture looks awesome. I have the same Biocube 32, and right now using the InTank Media rack and a Tunze 9001 DC protein skimmer.

Thinking about changing out the skimmer and putting in the InTank Refugium to better control my nitrates. I can't seem to get them below 12ppm. All my other levels are good. How are your levels with the regfugium rack?
 
Your set up sounds great and the tank picture looks awesome. I have the same Biocube 32, and right now using the InTank Media rack and a Tunze 9001 DC protein skimmer.

Thinking about changing out the skimmer and putting in the InTank Refugium to better control my nitrates. I can't seem to get them below 12ppm. All my other levels are good. How are your levels with the regfugium rack?
Did you cut the bottom tab? I watched a video on YouTube that shows installing the in tank media basket and the 9001 skimmmer and they said cutting the bottom tab is optional
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new