BIOCUBE BEDLAM!

estevenson78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd post an update on my boicube progress! Basically, I just got back into saltwater tanks a few weeks ago! As the first pic should show I basically got 3 tanks for the price of 1/2 of a new biocube. They needed some new lighting for sure! The 3rd smaller tank didn't have a pump and a light, so in my Craigslist perusing I came across a 24 gallon nano-cube with light sand and liverock already included for $80, couldn't pass it up! So that being said here are my plans:
  • I will keep my 16 gal bio (left tank) with the 2 percula and an anemone and probably not much else (maybe a shrimp)
  • My 29 gal bio (middle tank) will have the cinnamon clown, carpenter fairy wrasse and would like to add 2 or so more fish to it.
    • Please feel free to leave feedback on good fish to pair in this tank.
  • My new to me 24 gal nano (right tank) will turn into corals only. So my frags will move over there.
    • I will upgrade my light on the 24 gal in the next week or two. I would LOVE some feedback on good corals to put in here that are fairly hardy as I don't wanna fail on the front end.
      • I have a purple monster zoa
      • Acan
      • Misc zoa
      • Xenia
  • I plan on finishing the stand with pallet wood for a rustic look
Would love any input you'd like to give!

Old tank.jpg
New tank set.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back