Bionic precipitating inside dosing tubes?

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alkalinity component is precipitating and clogging my dosing lines. It is silicone tubing. The solution is stored in 2.5 gallon glass aquarium and the outlet is about 6 inches above waterline in the sump. I’m using the bionic in 5 gallon jugs. It completely clogged and jammed my dosed. Any suggestions to prevent this? Thank you

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The alk part ir both parts?

Did you buy the concentrate and not dilute it as directed?
Any chance you swapped lines so alk is running down what used to be the calcium line?
in any case, diluting it more will help.

OP
OP
Reef AquaCult

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The alk part ir both parts?

Did you buy the concentrate and not dilute it as directed?
Any chance you swapped lines so alk is running down what used to be the calcium line?
in any case, diluting it more will help.
It’s just the alk part. Never crossed the lines. In the dosing container it’s crystal clear and I was extremely careful during product dilution. Thanks for the tips.

marke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is happening more with some of the dosing units using 3/16 tubing instead of the 1/4 ro line tubing. If you can make the ro tubing work--get rid of the silicon ones. If not possible-do as Prof Farley says. Dilute it 50% and dose twice as much.

OP
OP
Reef AquaCult

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is happening more with some of the dosing units using 3/16 tubing instead of the 1/4 ro line tubing. If you can make the ro tubing work--get rid of the silicon ones. If not possible-do as Prof Farley says. Dilute it 50% and dose twice as much.
I see. I don’t think RO tubing is compatible with my doser. I will try diluting it next batch. Thank you

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Marke, you think it is do with the smaller 3/16 size and not the fact the tubing is made of silicon right?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.4%
Back