OP
Warthur

Warthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 19.5” long

How wide and tall is the tank. As long as the rock doesn't take up too much swim space you should be good with a bonsai. Just makes sure that it is a bonsai you are getting

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10” wide 12” tall I have a small rock scape if something happens to my clowns or firefish then I’ll probably get a bonsai. How big do they get

OP
OP
Warthur

Warthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB reach 4 inches. The bonsai is supposed to be smaller, around 2 inches. Make sure the bonsai you get is under 2" upon purchase and ensure that it's a bonsai. If it's not there could be aggression issues as it would be too small of a tank for a 4" fish

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB reach 4 inches. The bonsai is supposed to be smaller, around 2 inches. Make sure the bonsai you get is under 2" upon purchase and ensure that it's a bonsai. If it's not there could be aggression issues as it would be too small of a tank for a 4" fish

Ok. Well I’ll be getting a larger tank where it will go by the end of the year

biga1106

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
matt i have two questions ... first one is i have a 35 gallon cube and I only have a pair of clowns and a yellow wrasse. Would a bonsai be better or am i ok with the regular coral beauty ??

And my second question is i always QT all my new fishes. Since you guys breed them is it safe to just acclimate him and put him in or should i QT just in case ?? Thank you for your help Matt !!
Albert

biga1106

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
matt i have two questions ... first one is i have a 35 gallon cube and I only have a pair of clowns and a yellow wrasse. Would a bonsai be better or am i ok with the regular coral beauty ??

And my second question is i always QT all my new fishes. Since you guys breed them is it safe to just acclimate him and put him in or should i QT just in case ?? Thank you for your help Matt !!
Albert
@mattsreefadise

mattsreefadise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Albert
So, if you wanted a full size I would say it would be okay in your 35 gallon cube, but only if you plan on upgrading in the next year.
These guys are coming in super small right now (about 1")

The bonsai would be perfect for it however.

I would always suggest QT. these guys go through QT at Biota Aquariums in FL, and then a QT through me, buy I still always recommend it.

That choice is up to you.

biga1106

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, if you wanted a full size I would say it would be okay in your 35 gallon cube, but only if you plan on upgrading in the next year.
These guys are coming in super small right now (about 1")

The bonsai would be perfect for it however.

I would always suggest QT. these guys go through QT at Biota Aquariums in FL, and then a QT through me, buy I still always recommend it.

That choice is up to you.

Ok thank you for the quick reply Matt !!
I'll go with the bonsai since I don't plan on upgrading within the next year or two. I've emailed Kevin and will be trying to go by one of these days to pick one up.

mattsreefadise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait biota is based out of Fort Lauderdale? Could I get a tour of it and make a cinematic tour video lol.
You'd have to talk to Kevin about that.
But understand it's not where the aquaculture happens. Just their hiding facilities.
Everything is grown in Paula

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back