Biota Mandarin Pair Fighting

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Biota mandarin pair a couple of weeks ago, and I just notice yesterday that the male is picking on the female, does he just not want to share his pods? are something else

OP
OP
Reefen

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so now they are latching onto each other and wrestling, is this normal behaver between males and females, they are very small like .75 inch

OP
OP
Reefen

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did put the pellets in that Biota recommends 2 times yesterday, and there was no fighting, fingers crossed that this will continue to work

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had biota mandarin pair since they were 1" in size. In the beginning they would sleep in the same spot with each other. But about 1 year into taking care of them the male killed the female. Not sure why?? Animal will be animals.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a wild caught mandarin pair, many years ago. There was no shortage of food, either pods or from feeding frozen foods, and one day he simply just turned on her, and attacked her and pursued her relentlessly. She didn't make it, and faded away in the following weeks.

I recorded this just a week or two before the male went psycho.

Really sucked, she was my first attempt and success with this breeding, and lived healthily for a whole year in a 10G before moving to a larger home and getting a mate.

OP
OP
Reefen

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had biota mandarin pair since they were 1" in size. In the beginning they would sleep in the same spot with each other. But about 1 year into taking care of them the male killed the female. Not sure why?? Animal will be animals.
mine slept in the same spot at first too, since i am feeding pellets 3 times a day i have not seen them fight

OP
OP
Reefen

Reefen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a wild caught mandarin pair, many years ago. There was no shortage of food, either pods or from feeding frozen foods, and one day he simply just turned on her, and attacked her and pursued her relentlessly. She didn't make it, and faded away in the following weeks.

I recorded this just a week or two before the male went psycho.

Really sucked, she was my first attempt and success with this breeding, and lived healthily for a whole year in a 10G before moving to a larger home and getting a mate.

you can see how fat they are

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back