OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An acclimation box or QT might help the next as well. Get it eating well before intro to your main display
What would an acclimation box help? My other pair of clownfish was not picking at the yellow tang. After 24 hour it was nipping at my rocks and nori. I light acclimated it as well. Base on their acclimation guide if I QT with meds their policy would have voided the guarantee

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that the tang died. Reach out to Jake at Biota, they might do something to help you.

On the side note, I have two tangs from them and arrived pretty small. Acclimate for few days then release. My tank have adult tangs ( achilles, purple, gem, tomini) and young yellow and regal and they are still alive until now (9 months and counting).

OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that the tang died. Reach out to Jake at Biota, they might do something to help you.

On the side note, I have two tangs from them and arrived pretty small. Acclimate for few days then release. My tank have adult tangs ( achilles, purple, gem, tomini) and young yellow and regal and they are still alive until now (9 months and counting).
Yeah let's hope they honor the 7 day guarantee

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would an acclimation box help? My other pair of clownfish was not picking at the yellow tang. After 24 hour it was nipping at my rocks and nori. I light acclimated it as well. Base on their acclimation guide if I QT with meds their policy would have voided the guarantee
Easier to monitor and encourage feeding. I did not know you only had a pair of clowns, My clowns can get pretty aggressive.

OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0219.jpeg

Nothing is going right in my life. It arrival dead. I just want to quit the hobby at this point. How is it even fair I have to pay this many shipping. This time this yellow tang was clearly dead for a long time. It was rotting and skins was peeling off. The heat pack was cold. This is so unfair to the fishes and me

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait… what else is the packaging like? they put ONE heat pack in with a 250$ fish??

OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait… what else is the packaging like? they put ONE heat pack in with a 250$ fish??
The packaging was terrible. It was this bag plus another plastic bag that held two heat packs. No foam or bubble wrap inside the styrofoam box. The two heat packs were so cold when they arrived. Usually whenever I get any shipment the heat pack is tapped to the top of the box. These were literally just in a plastic bag that was directly next to the fish bag.

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The packaging was terrible. It was this bag plus another plastic bag that held two heat packs. No foam or bubble wrap inside the styrofoam box. The two heat packs were so cold when they arrived. Usually whenever I get any shipment the heat pack is tapped to the top of the box. These were literally just in a plastic bag that was directly next to the fish bag.
It’s sad to think it happens this way for the fish. Hopefully they resolve this for you. Just isn’t right for them to keep shipping it the same way and praying for a better outcome.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back