Biota yellow tangs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Houstoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They have some on algae barn currently

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality Marine, Ora, Biota Florida are their wholesalers. Not sure why people think LA is plaqued with parasites? I am sure if you order Biota captive bred they will come directly from biota just like Ora fish ordered from LA come directly from Ora. If you have issues with LA California then you are having issues with Quality Marine. Right now Quality Marine is probably the only wholesale place that brings in fish from the world that is open.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that's fine, they should be. I was talking regular LA and their wholesalers.
So then you have a problem with Quality Marine which supply's most of the LFS in the US and direct ships fish for Live Aquaria.
For some reason a lot of people wish Dr. Fosters and Smith would of just closed their doors and never sold to Petco. Not sure how that would of helped our Hobby?

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order them from LA, for some reason people think LA is contaminating fish they don't even touch.

It's almost like people thinking 5G causes COVID.

Their drop shipped specimens from good facilities are fine, assuming biosecurity is strict there, but anything coming from LA is most definitely not clean.

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand Biota ships directly to LA, LA holds Biota specimens in Wisconsin for sale. I contacted Biota in Florida, they shipped the fish from there facility in Florida. Great people to deal with.
Take care all

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 95 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%
Back