Birth order?

Tippfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birth order?

I’m ready to add fish, but would like some opinions on compatibility with each other, coral, and order in which I put into my reef. I have a 75gal bare bottom w/ 30 gal sump+fuge

Fish I’m considering
  • (2) clowns
  • (1) yellow tang
  • (1) hippo tang
  • (1) melanurus wrasse
  • (1) cardinal

Coral
  • LPS & softies
  • Zoos, hammers, Kenya, trumpets, acans, blasto, etc...

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No hippo tang, they grow very quickly, and will out grow a 75 gallon in a year.

Id add the cardinals and clowns together. Then the wrasse. Then either a small yellow or for life of the tank a bristletooth tang species, as the yellow will eventually outgrow the 75.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choices. Wrasse may "bother" featherdusters if you are thinking of keeping some.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with Gareth.

Introduce clowns and cardinal first. Then the wrasse. Tang has to be put in as last.

These fish should not bother anything in the tank as far as I know. Just some information regarding the wrasse.

Some wrasses (non-melanurus) will pick on clams and feather dusters. They also need a deep sand-bed for them to sleep and make sure you have a population of pods for them to hunt. Not all wrasses have the same behaviour so do some research before you pick the nicely-colored one in the LFS. In general, melanurus are model citizens.

Mattman1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gareth elliott said it all. No other remarks needed lol. Some nice looking bristletooth tangs out there for sure. A rabbitfish would work as well if you’re looking for algae clean up.
Matt

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back