Biscuit Starfish - hands down, my favorite invert!

Any idea what they eat?
Mine has been living on the back glass eating nothing but algae pretty much for 6 months. I do drop him the odd pellet sometimes and he will lay over it for hours. Not seen him eating any coral.
 
Mine has been living on the back glass eating nothing but algae pretty much for 6 months. I do drop him the odd pellet sometimes and he will lay over it for hours. Not seen him eating any coral.
Yeah pretty much what mine is doing, it just stays on the glass all day.
 
I know there is very limited information - on the extremely beautiful and unique, Biscuit Starfish. I checked...but took the plunge anyways.

I have had this handsome fellow...since July 2022. I do nothing special, to feed him. He shares my 190g DT - with a good variety of inverts, but doesn't seem to have an issue finding food. He is constantly on the move.

Biggest question I hear: Are they reef safe?

Tonight I took a pic....of him giving a dieing plate coral, attention. Only other time, I've seen him give a coral a 2nd look - was a small gonipora frag - that again, I'm sure what dieing.

Tank full of healthy (well, I "think" healthy), happy LPS & SPS - starfish shows zero interest in.

So - if you see one, would I recommend one? Hellz yes! Definitely a showpiece invert.

FB_IMG_1673200863966.jpg 20221208_102942.jpg 20230127_193031.jpg
If hes starting to eat coral it means hes very hungry...
 
I know there is very limited information - on the extremely beautiful and unique, Biscuit Starfish. I checked...but took the plunge anyways.

I have had this handsome fellow...since July 2022. I do nothing special, to feed him. He shares my 190g DT - with a good variety of inverts, but doesn't seem to have an issue finding food. He is constantly on the move.

Biggest question I hear: Are they reef safe?

Tonight I took a pic....of him giving a dieing plate coral, attention. Only other time, I've seen him give a coral a 2nd look - was a small gonipora frag - that again, I'm sure what dieing.

Tank full of healthy (well, I "think" healthy), happy LPS & SPS - starfish shows zero interest in.

So - if you see one, would I recommend one? Hellz yes! Definitely a showpiece invert.

FB_IMG_1673200863966.jpg 20221208_102942.jpg 20230127_193031.jpg
Oh my goodness...I have never seen one of these, but I won't be able to unsee it now...I want one!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new