Bjd on torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter leonk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leonk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
106
Reaction score
4
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I needed some help my salt was high and I added rodi water without doing it slowly went from 38 to 35 1.026 fast and my torch had bjd rushing out of it an hour later caught it right in time turned off pumps and used a bag but a tiny tiny piece flew down in the substrate somewhere turned the pumps on can’t see it saved the other torches what do I do I heard someone say they used chemiclean in the dt and it works wasn’t too sure wanted some advice and can’t get ahold of Coro. Thanks
 
Hello I needed some help my salt was high and I added rodi water without doing it slowly went from 38 to 35 1.026 fast and my torch had bjd rushing out of it an hour later caught it right in time turned off pumps and used a bag but a tiny tiny piece flew down in the substrate somewhere turned the pumps on can’t see it saved the other torches what do I do I heard someone say they used chemiclean in the dt and it works wasn’t too sure wanted some advice and can’t get ahold of Coro. Thanks
That's not how bjd works.
All you can do now is keep things stsble and wait and see.
Don't add random antibiotics to your tank.
 
What you saw was your coral pooping

BJD is a progressive infection. And it doesn’t come out of the mouth. It costs the entire coral.

If you have BJD , KFC dip seems to be the best treatment if done on time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new