BK 250 deluxe outlet noise

carpos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently discovered I've had my skimmer set up wrong, realising it skims a lot better with the discharge pipe not submerged!!
Confirmed also by RE, it needs to be a least a little out of the water to allow air to escape

But its so noisy with the pipe not submerged!, tried every position I can and it's intolerable for me. Too far out the water and its the water hitting water splashing sound, to far in the water, say 50/50, and get a slurping sound instead

Thinking either some kind of diffuser at the end of the pipe, just so its not hitting water directly.
Or drilling and air hole just above the water line for release air whilst keeping it silent!

Air hole preferable but don't really want to do so unless confident it will work. RE have said themselves some people drill holes but they cant confirm if it really works and doesn't effect performance

Anyone had and solved the same?

Thanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP for any Bubble King members who may know!

OP
OP
C

carpos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for bump!!
I did actually go ahead a do a couple of small holes and kinda worked, doesn't collapsed the foam head while being a bit quieter, but still a little noisy, though still unsure if to go a step further with a larger hole!

But yeah wow, 3 or 4 days of skimate, never seen it like that before in volume or colour!
20240510_094318.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back