Black Ice Breeding project

dendroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright here we go this is my first time breeding clowns and i have used a little advice from Jason,Barbra@ reef geeks and just clowning around who turned me on to pickles breeding project on my first batch i didnt add pyhto to my fry tank and only had seven make it, on the second batch i added phyto for the first five days and had 35 survive so far, my next batch will hatch tomorro night and hope it keeps getting better Jason has had some good ideas when he piggy backed his fry tank to the main tank it really helps keep things stable but i dont usually let it drip all the time if im gone i turn the water off and here lately i have been just using the method for water changes and cleaning witch makes it very easy to change water Thanks to everyone who has posted there experince in raising clowns sure helps others from giving up on the projects when things go wrong, as in life, God never gives up on use and i think prayer alwasy helps for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,that whosoever beliveth in him shall not perish,but have everlasting life:smile: Jesus Loves You

OP
OP
D

dendroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here are my Black Ice parents
027.jpg
031.jpg
032.jpg
they have been laying eggs for quit some time and i would just let them feed my tank and it would always bother me to just let them die so here i am helping to save them and give them a chance to live it has been a very rewarding experince for me but im sure i would of throwed in the towel if it wernt for all the help ive gotten from fellow reefer well happy refing every one and Thanks Dendroman

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to join and check out MBISite.org it will help you with every step along the way!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool looking forward to this!

ddwatson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful piggy backing your fry tank to your broodstock. Important that you monitor it closely. If something goes wrong like an ammonia spike or something it could cause you to loose your broodstock. Broodstock is the most important in breeding they are harder to replace than fry.

OP
OP
D

dendroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone i have finally found some time to update what has been working best for me so far so here goes. I am like Jason let the parents incubate the eggs and catch them on hatch night and i only use the line that is attachted to my main tank to add water to my fry tank because after researching i have decided not to add any from my fry tank back into my main tank due to diseases or even ammonia spikes. On my first hatch i did run both lines and did not add phyto to my fry tank and only seven survived out of 150 est, on the second hatch i added phyto to the fry tank for the first couple of days and didnt start cleanings for a couple of days and also turn the light of at night and only had 35 survive on the third attempt i added 5 to 6 drops of phyto each time i feed the fry for the first five days and also left the light on till after meta i have now over a 100 that have survived out of 150 my next batch will hatch out this comming tuesday. So on hatch night have fry tank ready matching everything as main tank mainually catch fry add 5 drops of rg complete to fry tank and the rotifers clean the fry tank at the end of the first day, second day add phyto and rotifers and otohime a at each feeding and clean the fry tank twice a day keep doing this till day five then stop adding the phyto then after meta you decrease rotifers while adding otohime a and otohime b1 keep over lapping foods wich is very very important i havnt used any freeze dryed cyclopeze it seems like they are discontinuing it so i went with oto b1 when i get time i will try and sit down and wright in more details what works well for now happy reefing everyone Dendro

OP
OP
D

dendroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is as addicting as my corals i guess we all are addicted to some thing but im mostlly addicted to Jesus and his Word :bigsmile:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back