BLACK LEOPARD WRASSE PROBLEM

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAVE HAD THE BLACK LEOPARD WRASSE FOR 8 MONTHS. IT LOOKS LIKE HIS SKIN IS PEELING OF BY HIS DORSAL AREA, AS IT LOOKS LIKE HIS SKIN PATTERN IS GOING IN THAT AREA.
CAN IT BE A NUTRITIONAL PROBLEM. I FEED IT MOSTLY BRINE SHRIMP AND SPIRULINA BRINE SHRIMP. I WILL APPRECIATE ADVICE

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAVE HAD THE BLACK LEOPARD WRASSE FOR 8 MONTHS. IT LOOKS LIKE HIS SKIN IS PEELING OF BY HIS DORSAL AREA, AS IT LOOKS LIKE HIS SKIN PATTERN IS GOING IN THAT AREA.
CAN IT BE A NUTRITIONAL PROBLEM. I FEED IT MOSTLY BRINE SHRIMP AND SPIRULINA BRINE SHRIMP. I WILL APPRECIATE ADVICE

Can you post a picture?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VibrantUnknownAustralianshelduck-small.gif

brine shrimp isn't the most nutritional food in the world, maybe get some mysis or LRS?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How clearly can you see him? I do know that you have medical problem that cause you to have some vision problem. Black Leopard changes colors as they mature and the changing Black Leopard have white/silver patch of skin right under the dorsal fins.
If there is actually a problem, we are not going to be able to suggest any specific treatmetn unless we know what you are talking about.
Here is mine
Female:
blackleopardwrasse2019041801-jpg.1144554

Changing male
blackleopardwrasse2019072801changing-jpg.1144555

Full Male
blackleopardwrasse2020040402male-jpg.1505074

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES I CAN SEE IT CLEARLY, I THINK YOU HIT RIGHT ON, IT LOOKS EXACTLY AS THE CHANGING MALE.

AS ANOTHER SUGGESTED I WILL FEED MORE MYSIS AND CUT BACK ON THE PLAIN BRINE SHRIMP.

MANY THANKS

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VibrantUnknownAustralianshelduck-small.gif

brine shrimp isn't the most nutritional food in the world, maybe get some mysis or LRS?
I DO HAVE MYSIS, I WILL USE MORE OF IT AND CUT BACK ON THE PLAIN BRINE SHRIMP, I HAVE TRIED LRS BEFORE AND MY FISH WOULD NOT EAT IT

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, I ALWAYS LEARN SO MUCH FROM THE REPLIES

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat all kind of food. Consider feeding them Otohime pellets. This pellets the best general food I find of all fish food. I also feed them (all my fish) with a mixture of Omega One flakes and frozen mysis. You steer and clam on the 1-2 shells and Nori
Last sentence:
....mysis, oysters and clams on the 1/2 shell

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat all kind of food. Consider feeding them Otohime pellets. This pellets the best general food I find of all fish food. I also feed them (all my fish) with a mixture of Omega One flakes and frozen mysis. You steer and clam on the 1-2 shells and Nori
I WILL TRY THE PELLETS FIRST, I WILL HAVE TO GET A SMALL DIAMETER PELLET, LOOKS LIKE THEIR MOUTHS ARE SMALL

THANKS

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the pellets that is just under 1mm (.5-.8 mm) which is about right for all my fish. The tangs want larger pellets but they also eat a lot of nori so a little less pellets is fine. Angles probably like the next size, .8-1.4 mm. This size is too large for a lot of my smaller wrasses.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back