Black sand magnetic??

  • Thread starter Thread starter BW208
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BW208

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
207
Reaction score
12
Location
Oroville, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some black sand from a friend with the tank I bought from him. He was using it as a FOWLR Tank. I heard about running a magnet through it and if it stick to it then its not safe? Well I disreguarded that since he had used it but when I put my powerhead in I dropped the magnet for it and sand stuck to it. I grabbed an actual magnet pushed it in the sand and it was covered and it wouldn't come off easily. Did I just waste 30 gallons of salt water that I put in there? Is the water safe to reuse? Is the sand unsafe? Help me out here.
 
Last edited:
Here is a video of me putting the magnet in it...


[video=youtube;b-GuJEbBh-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-GuJEbBh-Q&list=UUYsfDnzWXDAkXK8RX1JiZVw[/video]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new