Black Slug/Worm? - ID Help Please

walloutlet

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
154
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

I was getting through some weekend maintenance before the big game and noticed this black object embedded in some Zoas.

Didn’t think much of it until I noticed it had little antennas. I’ve never seen a black worm/slug like this before.

Any thoughts?

93965C51-6442-412A-85EC-DB9651F9A9DD.jpeg
 
At first glance it looks like a sponge, but antennas? Hmm does it have a hard tube that it's poking out of?
 
I think you may be correct. It's definitely a hard tube as I went and poked it. LOL! So it's not a worm or a slug, which is a relief to me.
 
After some googling and image looking, I would tend to agree as well. Thanks for the ID.
 
It is now removed... I think the actual critter floated away as I scraped it off. Think one of my Clowns ate it. LOL! So hopefully that's that.

64896F76-DCFA-46CF-9498-152B303CE727.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new