Black Small Worms on the Sand

elijah090622

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Vacaville
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need ID this black hair like small worms all over my tank. Like hundreds of them. I searched everywhere and couldn’t find anything, even use AI. They only appear when lights are off hiding from the sand and disappear with lights on.

IMG_2360.jpeg IMG_2367.jpeg IMG_2319.jpeg
 
I have no idea, but I would hazard to guess the population is regulated by the available food resource. For instance if you have a Bristle Worm population and you over feed the tank will end up with a lot more Bristle Worms.
Did you start the tank with live rock?
 
You might be overfeeding the tank allowing them to swell in numbers, black bristle worms
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new