Black spot on clown fish

maiv_2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
One of my clown fish that I have had for about 4-5 months developed a dark spot about 1/4” seemingly overnight this past week. No other fish has one. I can’t tell the color of the spot. She’s acting and eating normal

I have attached a video

I’m concerned about uronema

I have used reef medic for 2 wks, twice in the past 3 months because i lost an entire tank of fish 3 months ago in another tank and most of my fishes came from the same store. All the fish that died in the other tank did not have a single spot on them.

Any thoughts?
Thanks. IMG_3643.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3640.mov
    2 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't see the video (YouTube works best). However, the black area looks like it could be from an injury - is it getting better/worse/staying the same. Any other symptoms in other fish, etc

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's awesome how do you exactly post research onto the research forum? Ive got something I could put in there.
If you go to the research forum - you can see the guidelines and recommendations of how to do it.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
One of my clown fish that I have had for about 4-5 months developed a dark spot about 1/4” seemingly overnight this past week. No other fish has one. I can’t tell the color of the spot. She’s acting and eating normal

I have attached a video

I’m concerned about uronema

I have used reef medic for 2 wks, twice in the past 3 months because i lost an entire tank of fish 3 months ago in another tank and most of my fishes came from the same store. All the fish that died in the other tank did not have a single spot on them.

Any thoughts?
Thanks. IMG_3643.jpeg
Do you have any stinging corals or anemones. That does look like hypermelanization to me.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%

Back