Black Tang not eating with bacterial infection.

Chrissymalti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I’m reaching out seeking for help regarding a black tang. It is day 7 since I put the fish in and he still has not eaten a morsel, nor does he have any interest in feeding. I ordered this fish on reefpro where they said their fish are inspected and cared for before shipping, but clearly not. Ive reached out to them and they dont care one bit because they have gotten their money. The black tang had no chance as he was shipped to me with a pinched stomach and malnourished face. To boot, he came with ich and now the rest of my tank is infected. Any ideas on how to treat or get this fish to eat. All signs are pointing to a dead fish and throwing away $800. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.mov
    57.7 MB
OP
OP
Chrissymalti

Chrissymalti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I’m reaching out seeking for help regarding a black tang. It is day 7 since I put the fish in and he still has not eaten a morsel, nor does he have any interest in feeding. I ordered this fish on reefpro where they said their fish are inspected and cared for before shipping, but clearly not. Ive reached out to them and they dont care one bit because they have gotten their money. The black tang had no chance as he was shipped to me with a pinched stomach and malnourished face. To boot, he came with ich and now the rest of my tank is infected. Any ideas on how to treat or get this fish to eat. All signs are pointing to a dead fish and throwing away $800. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.mov
    51.2 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see at least 5? other tangs and a trigger in the tank who look ok. The BT, if it is not eating needs to be placed in an environment where it isn't surrounded by competition perhaps? Horrible situation, if you have a friend or LFS that can hold the tang if you don't have a QT set up? Otherwise, try freshly chopped live clams.

OP
OP
Chrissymalti

Chrissymalti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I see at least 5? other tangs and a trigger in the tank who look ok. The BT, if it is not eating needs to be placed in an environment where it isn't surrounded by competition perhaps? Horrible situation, if you have a friend or LFS that can hold the tang if you don't have a QT set up? Otherwise, try freshly chopped live clams.
Tangs arent bothering him and there is plenty of food for him to eat with multiple of nori clips and frozen foods. I tried live clams, no interested.

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tangs arent bothering him and there is plenty of food for him to eat with multiple of nori clips and frozen foods. I tried live clams, no interested.
The tangs just being there is going to bother him. It would be best to move it into a quarantined environment if feeding response is not there in the DT.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine loves Hikari Extreme Pellets. Mine has also keeps my tank clean of bubble algae. A perfect situation would be if you placed him in a 75 gallon tank full of live rock that had algae on it for him to naturally graze on, but before dropping him in give him a freshwater bath. Many time disease lives in our aquariums but because our fish are healthy nothing comes of it. Just dropping in a new fish that can get stressed can give the disease something to thrive on.

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple tangs although they are not fighting but I can tell they don’t like each other. Best thing to do is to put it in fresh clean qt tank And treat him there.

add hiding pvc albows and low ambient light. Add food slowly and watch for ammonia. You will give him better chance.

Hope this helps. sorry about your fish.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back