Bladezz's 338 build

Its alive!!

image1_20221103_125140.jpg
image4_20221103_125135.jpg
image5_20221103_125131.jpg
 
Was mostly completed but it was suggested that I beef the front up a bit with an additional brace and some gussets on the ends. Soooo, a little more work to go.


i-x7kMXHr-XL.jpg
 
Was mostly completed but it was suggested that I beef the front up a bit with an additional brace and some gussets on the ends. Soooo, a little more work to go.


i-x7kMXHr-XL.jpg
Love seeing the progress on your stand, can't wait to see it when its finished
 
Love seeing the progress on your stand, can't wait to see it when its finished
I just got my steel to beef up the header on the open part of my stand. Trying to get motivated to get into the garage to finish it.
 
Joe said build it stronger. He and I discussed just putting a single support in the middle but that (in my mind) would take away from the design. So, I slept on the idea for a few weeks and came up with this.

I beefed up the header with a heavy piece of structural steel c chanel along with some some jack studs (if you will) and some gussets.


Screenshot_20230205_170713_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230205_170824_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230205_170801_Gallery.jpg
 
While I procrastinate on getting my big tank up and running I'm experimenting with my 120.

Added A CPR overflow, 2x 7" filter socks, a media reactor, moved the skimmer off the display and added a fresh air intake.

My son was consulting on the new design which was incredibly rewarding as a parent. :-)
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230211_015300_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_015300_Gallery.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new